Delta Activated Alumina Water Treatment Products are adsorbents which remove contaminants on a combination of chemisorption and physisorption and particulate (or physical) filtration for the removal of metal contaminants from water. Activated alumina, with its many types of adsorptive sites and high surface area, is the perfect choice for the adsorption of various unwanted minerals in water, with proven results for arsenic, high levels of fluoride, copper, zinc, lead and phosphates. There is also the potential for chromium, silica, selenium and mercury
Fluoride is generally felt to be beneficial for dental health at levels up to 1.5 ppm (parts per million). However, at higher levels it has been linked to fluorosis, causing debilitating bone structure disease, as well as discoloration and mottling of teeth. Fluoride at harmful levels occurs naturally in many of the same regions as arsenic in ground water. Alcan provides ActiGuard AA400G, an activated alumina product, for fluoride removal. Due to the higher levels of fluoride as compared to arsenic, regeneration is usually required to make it cost-effective. Promoted products can be provided for applications where regeneration isn’t feasible.
- Lowest cost per 1,000 gallons generated by high capacity and low cost per cubic foot.
- Robust material will not deteriorate with backwash.
- Works across a broad range of water chemistries.
- Iron levels do not affect the arsenic capacity.
- Landfillable, disposable without any hazardous wastes.
- Certified to NSF/ANSI standard 61, and successfully completed an EPA ETV project.