Activated Alumina Desiccant
Activated Alumina Desiccant is a very porous form of aluminum oxide of high surface area which adsorbs liquids and gases without any change in form.
Activated Alumina is resistant to thermal stock and abrasion and will not shrink, swell, soften nor disintegrate when immersed in water
Activated alumina as a desiccant, will work by adsorption. The water in the air will stick to the alumina as the air passes through it. The water molecules become trapped so that the air is dried out as it passes through the filter. This process of regenerating the alumina is achieved when the activated alumina desiccant is heated, it will let go of all of the water stored in it, allowing it to be used over and over.
Air and Gas Drying
Nearly all gases and liquids can be dried with Activated Alumina. Water removal is often necessary for efficient processing, storage and transportation of fluids. Activated alumina is rapidly becoming the industry standard for drying compressed air. Providing long service life with performance at or below dew point specifications
- Form: Sphere (Balls)
- Size: 2-5, 3-6, 5-8 mm
- Bulk Density: 0.75 to 0.85 Gms/Liter
- Surface Area: 345 to 415 M2/Gm
- Pore Volume: 0.40 to 0.50 CC/Gm
- Adsorption Capacity (at 60 % RH): 21.5 %.
- Attrition Loss: 0.2 %.
- Drying of air, gases and liquids (removal of metallic traces, TBC and HF compounds).
- Purification and conditioning of insulating oil and industrial oils
- Removing acidic impurities and trace metal scavenging in organic streams and inorganic gases
- Removal of oil vapors from gases
- Purification of drinking water (e.g. removal of fluoride compounds etc )
- In refrigeration circuits, transit packing for goods like electronic, pharmaceutical and food
- As fire retardant fillers
- As catalyst for bed support / carriers
- Drying of organic liquids such as LPG, propylene, butene, steam cracked liquids, cyclohexane, gasoline, chloro- and fluorohydrocarbons, aromatic solvents.
- Drying of air and gases such as steam cracked gases, catalytic reforming recycle gas, synthesis gas, natural gas, CO2.
- Drying of organic liquids as LPG, aromatics, steam cracked liquids, gasoline, chloro- and fluorocarbons.
- Drying of air and gases as steam cracked gases, catalytic reforming recycle gases, synthesis gases, methyl chloride, natural gas, LNG, etc.
- Drying of hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, CO2, etc.
- Instrument air, supersonic wind tunnel, compressed air
- Gas drying Air separation plants, inert and rare gases, Hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, CO2.
- Natural gas in production and compression plants, LPG, LNG.
- Aromatics, naphtha cuts and cracked gas.